Saturday 15 March 2008

If Only Tonight We Could Sleep ....... forever.







(Click the lyrics to listen to the song)






Today I received some sad news. My little Jordy man has Cancer again. :( I am at a point right now where I am very lost. Anyone that knows me well enough, will understand the bond I have with my Three Boys ... but especially so with Jordy ... my little Alien.




When Jordy was about 4 years old, he got skin cancer in his ears. Something a lot of animals with white fur get. Luckily Kim and I got him to the Vet before it had a chance to spread and they cut it out. Since then, Jordy has been my no ears little Alien. The Ironic thing is that when Kim brought him home as a Present ... I said he was the ugliest cat I had ever seen .... he is now the most beautiful thing I have had in my life.




The vet has told me without Chemo, he probably has about 3 months to live ... but that is with pain. :( I can't afford the Chemo for him sadly. :( And even with the Chemo, the cancer is too far spread ... it won't cure him this time ... just prolong his life.




With a heavy heart I now need to make a decision on timing :( At some time soon I need to figure out that Jordy is suffering and allow him to be free of that, so he can forever watch over me. This will be one of the hardest things I will have done. I am going to share the next few months here .... some of this may not be nice, but it will help me too. I am going to miss .... this gorgeous Monkey on My Back so much!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Craig...
I'm glad that you are going to be able to have Jordy's surgery. I know what a pet can mean in a person's life - my kit kat is the rock in my life, providing unconditional love. So, I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking/praying for you and Jordy and that I will be contributing to the fund soon!! Give him a kiss and a big snuggle for me.
-Sweetpea515 (Lisa) from Flickr

Anonymous said...

Things to think of for the future

Eventually when the two of you have part, you will believe that you won't be able to get over it. But I just wanted to say that if it happens to you... think of the good memories, the memories from the begining of the relationship with your pet. Think about how you slowly formed a friendship with Jordy, and how that friendship grew between the both of you. Its those days that you want to remember, not the hard ones where you never thought the sun was going to set.

I'm sending my love, luck and wishes to you and Jordy. I hope that everything goes okay. And please do not stress out to much.

Love Cella

(Please keep those words in mind.)

Craig Shillington said...

Cella ... Thank you so much. Yes ... I am becoming more and more aware of something important ... it's the journey that is the stronger union between us, the wonderful moments within THAT. I will cherish that Journey and remember all the good that was a part of that. ***hugs***